The Pai Shorts and Rawe Top create a garment set that is a floaty, easy breezey and comfortable.
The two sewing patterns have been designed as companion pieces, for you to create cool summer outfits or sweet PJ sets with. Perfect for playing or dreaming!
Pronounce Pai like “Pie” in English, and Rawe like “Rah-Weh”.
- Instant PDF download of pattern and full tutorial
- Children’s sizes 1-10 (including 18month for the Pai Shorts)
- Pai Shorts: Inseam pockets and comfy elastic waistband, including and optional trim tutorial
- Rawe Top: 2 variations for the top of the front and back
- A4 or US Letter format to print at home
- Full tutorial, photos and support to help you create this top and shorts set
The Pai Shorts and Rawe Top have been designed with beginners in mind. The tutorials are detailed with full colour photos and will walk you step by step through constructing the garments, and finishing with either elastic or bias binding.
The more advanced sewists will appreciate the professional finish of the pattern, the well fitting garments and the ability to customise and make them your own. Follow the bonus bias binding tutorials along the way to level up your binding skills or try the optional trim tutorial included to help you customise your garments.
Light weight fabrics: Look for cottons, linens, chambray, Japanese lawn, rayon etc.
Fit and Ease of the Pai Rawe set:
The Pai Shorts and Rawe Top patterns are perfect for keeping cool in summer and have been created for comfortable adventuring or dreaming.
You’ll love the relaxed fit of the Pai Shorts and Rawe Top, with enough ease through the chest and bottom for comfortable children.
This pattern has been created using Standard American Measurements and the sizing might seem different to what you usually buy in stores. Therefore, use the size the chart says you are to fit the chest and hips, and if required, lengthen or shorten the pattern or straps as needed.
Fabric and Fit Chart:
Additional Notions Required:
– Co-ordinating sewing thread
– Non-Roll elastic 25mm (1″) wide, length supplied in chart.
– Scissors and pins
– Optional trim
– Up to 90cm (35”) of Bias binding for shoulder straps 25mm (1”) or 12mm (1/2”) wide, press in half. Do not cut until you have thoroughly read step 9.
– Spare piece of ribbon or twill tape to create back tag.
– Co-ordinating sewing thread.
– Scissors and pins.
+ Gathered with Elastic:
– 12mm (1/2”) wide, ribbed non roll elastic (length supplied in measurement chart)
+ Gathered with Binding:
– Approximately 1m (1 1/4yd) bias binding for top edge of front and back – 25mm (1”) or 12mm (1/2”) wide, press in half.
What You Get When You Purchase:
This is a PDF digital download. You will be emailed the digital pattern and tutorial after purchasing through PayPal . Save these to your computer.
Log into the website and find your files in “My Account + Downloads”. This is where the most updated version of your purchases will be and you can access it any time. In the future I may revise this pattern and slightly alter it. If you’re sewing in the future, check back for the latest version.
You can print the Pai Rawe set pattern on A4 or US Letter paper on your home computer and then assemble for use.
You will also receive a comprehensive tutorial with instructions, photos and tips to guide you in your sewing of this garment. Please view this tutorial on your device or computer to save the trees, or if you must print, print in colour to view the photos accurately.
What’s a PDF?
A digital document viewable in Adobe Acrobat Reader (download for free here). You will be able to save, view and print these documents on your computer or device.
Returns and Support:
This is a digital product and can be saved to your computer. Because of it’s digital nature, I am not able to offer returns on any purchase unless at some fault of my own. Please choose carefully and make sure you are purchasing the correct pattern with your correct email address!
In lieu of returns I offer comprehensive online support to those who are sewing! You can contact me on Facebook, Instagram and email, and you can expect a prompt reply! I will endeavour to help you in any way I can.
So, what are you waiting for? Create your own range of Pai Rawe sets with this pattern and show off your creations!
This sewing pattern is by Sophie Laughton-Mutu. Sewists and children around the world have tested this pattern. Please leave a review, or pop over to our Facebook page to show us a photo of your Rawe Tops and the adventures they go on!